Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ginger Stir Fry

For me, sometimes less is more. For example, I prefer a stir-fry with maybe 3 different vegetables, rather than 6. This recipe is a nice and easy side dish. When I am careful and do not cook it too long, I count it as a raw serving.

I have never measured this, so everything is approximate.

3 large carrots, slice any way in bite sized pieces
about 2 cups of broccoli in small pieces
same amount of green beans cut in thirds or snow peas

2 tbsp of olive oil
2 -3 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger (There are no substitutes for fresh ginger and garlic)
pepper (or a dash of cayenne) and salt

This is quick and best if not overcooked. I like to add the garlic and ginger after the vegetables so they don't burn on the bottom of the pan - especially the garlic.

Serve by itself or with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment